[AUCTeX] Debian bug #311292 (preview.dtx)

From: Davide G. M. Salvetti
Subject: [AUCTeX] Debian bug #311292 (preview.dtx)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:02:12 +0200

Hi devs,

I was reviewing some old preview-latex bug reports (preview-latex was
the Debian package for preview-latex before the AUCTeX and preview-latex
merge: now it has been superseded by the Debian auctex package), and I
found this one year old one:
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=311292;repeatmerged=no>.

The submitter provided a detailed analysis and a patch; I don't know if
the patch was ever reported upstream, as I was not the Debian
preview-latex maintainer and the bug is not marked as reported upstream.

The bug has since been fixed in latest preview.dtx and I'm just gonna
close it, but there is a little difference between the way I see it
fixed in preview.dtx and the way the bug reporter patch suggested, which
I think might be of some interest of preview.dtx developers.  Therefore,
I would like to suggest you to review that patch, and to specifically
pay attention to points 6 and 7 of the reporter analysis.

--
Ciao, Davide