[AUCTeX] another Problem with recent emacs + auctex packages

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: [AUCTeX] another Problem with recent emacs + auctex packages
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:00:14 +0200

With some of the more recent emacs+auctex Packages (eg,
emacs+auctex-w32-2006-01-29.zip, emacs+auctex-w32-2006-03-09.zip and
the one in between, but NOT emacs+auctex-w32-2005-10-12.zip which
therefore I continue using), I have the following problem:  When
starting emacs, it considers some local variables as not secure, and
when following the option to mark them as secure in future, the whole
bench of custom-set-variables is erased in .emacs.  When loading a
tex-file containing local variables such as

     % Local Variables:
     % TeX-master: "Main.tex"
     % End:

these variables also are considered as not secure by emacs/auctex.

I don't know whether it's a bug, but it certainly is a nuisance.  Any
idea how to avoid that?

Thanks in advance

R.
--