Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] auctex 11.82 and carbon xemacs
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:47:45 +0100

* David Kastrup (2006-03-18) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> * Thomas A. Schmitz (2006-03-18) writes:
>>
>>> (progn
>>>    (require 'preview)
>>>    (require 'prv-xemacs)
>>>    (let* ((preview-datadir (concat (file-name-directory
>>>                                     (locate-library "preview"))
>>>                                    "../../etc/auctex"))
>>>           (icon (vector (list (preview-filter-specs preview-tb-icon-
>>> specs))
>>>                         #'preview-at-point t "foo"))
>>>           (tb (cdadar (specifier-spec-list default-toolbar 'global))))
>>>      (set-specifier default-toolbar (append tb (list icon)) (current-
>>> buffer))))
>>>
>>> And I get a ``Preview'' button in the toolbar.
>>
>> Okay, that means it's a bug in preview-latex the Carbon port reacts
>> allergic to.
>
> Uhm, if that's supposed to be my prompt, I am afraid that I have not
> followed the discussion close enough to figure out what may be wrong.
> And the XEmacs toolbar code completely phazes me, anyway: it is
> basically a code scrap provided by Stephen Turnbull.

The image is searched for in the wrong location, namely in lisp/auctex
and not in etc/auctex relative to the root of the respective package
tree.  `preview-datadir' points to the lisp/auctex directory.  I am
not sure if it should point to etc/auctex or if some other/additional
means should be used to get to etc/auctex.  There once was a variable
`preview-icondir' for that (IIUC) which got removed, see ChangeLog.