Re: [AUCTeX] "Autoloading failed ..." with emacs 22

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] "Autoloading failed ..." with emacs 22
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:24:25 +0100

* Kazuhiko Uebayashi (2006-01-19) writes:

> 2006/1/19, Ralf Angeli :
>>
>> Hm, I expected to see tex.el(c) being shadowed.  Are you sure that
>> there are no old tex.el files lying around in load-path?
>>

> Aftre updating slocate database, tex.el* are found at
>   $ slocate tex.el |grep "/tex.el"
>   ~/local/src/auctex-11.82/tex.el
>   ~/local/src/auctex-11.82/tex.elc
>   ~/local/share/site-lisp/auctex/tex.el
>   ~/local/share/site-lisp/auctex/tex.elc

Looks okay.  It could be a problem using files byte-compiled for one
version of Emacs with another version of Emacs but further below in
this message you are writing that the problem persists in
emacs-snapshot even if AUCTeX is compiled with it.  So this is
probably not the cause.

> But "C-c ;" doesn't work on emacs 22. On emacs21 it works fine.
>
> In My PC, I install emacs21 and emacs-snapshot(that is emacs 22).
> The PC default emacs is emacs21.
> AUCTeX is build with default emacs(emacs21).
>
> Then, I rebuild AUCTeX with emacs-snapshot(emacs 22)
>   ~$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local\
>    --with-lispdir=$HOME/local/share/site-lisp\
>    --with-texmf-dir=$HOME/texmf\
>    --with-emacs=/usr/bin/emacs-snapshot && make && make install
> .
>
> Still "C-c ;" doesn't work on emacs-snapshot, but it works on emacs21

Hm, I am wondering why `TeX-comment-or-uncomment-region' is being
autoloaded at all.  Can you find out which file is autoloading it?
Just open a LaTeX files, afterwards type `C-h v load-history RET', and
search for "TeX-comment-or-uncomment-region".  If you find an entry
(related to autoload), the file where it came from should be mentioned
a few lines above it.