Re: [AUCTeX] New version of precompiled Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windowsa

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] New version of precompiled Emacs/AUCTeX bundle for Windowsavailable
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:20:04 -0500

From: "Ralf Angeli" <address@hidden>

1. How to configure the path for GSWIN32C.EXE?

Isn't that explained in the manual of your operating system?

Sorry. I'm confused. The file GSWIN32C.EXE is under the default path, which means that my OS can find the program from anywhere. I don't know why emacs cannot find it.

By the way, when I install the AUCTeX 11.8* under Windows by myself, I need use GS=... (as mentioned in the manual) to manually set the path for "./configure" to find my GSWIN32C.EXE. I am wondering why it cannot find it automatically if the program can be found in a default path.

Finally, I found the way to customize the variable "preview-gs-command" and manually added all the path of the command to be "c:/gs/gs8.51/bin/GSWIN32C.EXE". Then it works now.

Still confused that why it cannot find the program automatically even though it is under the default path. Same thing happened when I installed AUCTeX by myself.

--
Adam