[AUCTeX] Adding curly braces in math mode

From: Jens Kubieziel
Subject: [AUCTeX] Adding curly braces in math mode
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:39:05 +0100

Hi,

when typing sub- or superscripts in math mode I often need curly braces.
So I want to customize AUCTeX that everytime when I press `_' or `^' it
automagically appends `{}' and places the cursor inside. I guess this
can be done like described in 'Style Files' in auctex.info. But actually
I'm not sure how to do it in detail (without any lisp knowledge).

Furthermore I'm looking for a way to expand math operators with indices
to its last values.
Example: I typed $\sum_{i=1}^n ...$. Later I type `$\sum_' and now I want
AUCTeX to print `\sum_{i=1}^n '. How can this be done?

Thanks for any pointers.

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de
FdI#345: EDV-Beauftagter