Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Refering to figures in \inputed files

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Refering to figures in \inputed files
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:11:31 +0100

* Henrik Andersson (2005-11-01) writes:

> I now know the problem!
>
> In LaTeX it is perfectly valid to use a statement such as
> \input{smallfile} or equally \input{smallfile.tex}.
>
> I used the first one.
>
> latex finds it, ffap finds it but reftex does not.
>
> Adding extension .tex -> problem solved.
>
> I think it's confusing when everything is not consistent.

In my case it works even without adding the extension.  Suppose you
have the following two files.

master.tex:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
foo
\input{slave}
\end{document}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: t
%%% End:

slave.tex:

bar\label{sec:hui}

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: latex
%%% TeX-master: "master"
%%% End:

When I open master.tex and type `C-c ) SPC' I get the following
prompt.

>               sec:hui
.                 %%% Local Variables: %%% mode: latex %%% TeX-master: "master"
%%% End:

I don't know why it is not working in your case.  Maybe you need to
reparse the document (Menu: Ref --> Parse Document --> Entire
Document).