Re: [AUCTeX] Pre-compiled CVS Emacs with AUCTeX for Windows

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Pre-compiled CVS Emacs with AUCTeX for Windows
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:47:24 +0200

* Harald von Aschen (2005-10-17) writes:

> At 10:11 17.10.05 +0200, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>>Hm, I haven't looked at how preview-latex interacts with the shell.
>>But if `M-x shell RET' exhibits the same problems you had with
>>preview-latex that would make a good/better test case for a bug report
>>to emacs-pretest-bug.
>
> Ups, sorry, as I have just seen on sourceforge preview-latex has moved to
> AUCTeX. This means here is the right mailing list for preview-latex?

Yes.  However, a thread starting with a bug report generated from `M-x
preview-report-bug RET' which would end up in bug-auctex at gnu.org
would be even better than the general mailing list. (c;

> No I do not have problems with the shell, M-x shell works fine even in a
> fresh opened Emacs. It is not only the first call of "preview-latex" which
> produces this error "COMMAND-Verzeichnis falsch" (wrong command folder) as
> I have found out now. Sometimes this error occurs for "Generate preview at
> point". Mostly a second call is doing the job.

Hm, does a normal LaTeX run (started e.g. with `C-c C-c') exhibit the
problem as well?

> You are right, I should compile all for myself and see if this problem
> still appears, it could be with cmdproxy.exe? Although neither Emacs nor
> the Windows-Task-Manager is able to stop the processes started from emacs.

What do you expect?  It's Windows. (c;

Anyway, I don't know anything about how exactly Emacs interacts with
Windows and don't intend to look into that if I don't have to.  We
might be able to find the problem by looking at the differences
between the invocation of latex in AUCTeX and preview-latex (in case
the former is working).