[AUCTeX] preview-latex with pdftex and a pdf2png tool

From: David Reitter
Subject: [AUCTeX] preview-latex with pdftex and a pdf2png tool
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:17:43 +0100

Hi,
I've found this little tool that will convert pdf to png for me.
How would I go about telling preview-latex to use the tool to convert the PDFs generated (when using PDF Mode) to PNGs?

I've had a quick look at "Preview Gs Image Type Alist", in particular the dvipng entry, for which the appropriate info page suggests that this is what is used to convert PDF to PNG. Here, however, I can only set some Ghostscript options - but GS is exactly what I'd like to avoid by using my own pdf2png tool.

I'd be most grateful to someone who could set me on the right track here...