Re: [AUCTeX] shell-escape

From: Ralf Stubner
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] shell-escape
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:13:15 +0200

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 16:40 +0200, Ralf Angeli wrote:
> * Ralf Stubner (2005-10-10) writes:
>
> > (defun TeX-toggle-escape nil (interactive)
> >   (setq LaTeX-command
> >         (if (string= LaTeX-command "latex") "latex -shell-escape" "latex")))
>
> This is not a general solution for it may fail if you customized
> `LaTeX-command'.  A more general approach could be to save the
> original value of `LaTeX-command' in another variable and use
> `string=' with that.

Of course, this is a rather special case. But even knowing almost
nothing about Lisp I roughly understood what these lines do. Hence I
assumed that the OP could change it if necessary. The ideal solution
would probably be something like the latex<->pdflatex switching.

> > (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
> >           '(lambda ()
> >              (define-key LaTeX-mode-map "\C-c\C-t\C-x" 'TeX-toggle-escape)))
>
> Quoting `lambda' forms normally is unnecessary and prevents
> byte-compilation (if done like above).

Thanks. Looking back at Davids post he actually suggested

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
          (lambda nil
             (define-key LaTeX-mode-map "\C-c\C-t\C-x" 'TeX-toggle-escape)))

The quoting seems to be a (now removed) relict in my ~/.emacs.

cheerio
ralf