[AUCTeX] Is there any local variable to redefine "\item"?

From: Adam Johnson
Subject: [AUCTeX] Is there any local variable to redefine "\item"?
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 00:30:52 -0400

Hello All,

I'm wondering that whether there is a local environment variable that I can use it to redefine the "\item". When I use "proper" package for writing presentation slides, it redefines all the "\item" to "\xitem". However, when I use "C-c C-j", it still inserts "\item" for me. I need change it everytime.

BTW: I'm using AUCTeX  w/ preview-latex11.81
                        MikTeX 2.4
                        CVS Emacs 22.0.50.1
                        Windows XP.
--------