Re: [AUCTeX] add to a key stroke: texify --tex-opt=--src --quiet %t"

From: Stefan Pofahl
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] add to a key stroke: texify --tex-opt=--src --quiet %t"
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 16:05:01 +0200

Hi Ralf and the others!

On 5 Sep 2005 at 14:44, Ralf Angeli wrote:
> It expects the symbol of a function returning a file name.  You
> cannot throw random garbage at it.
What do you mean by random garbage?
I'm just looking for a symbol of a function that returns the propper
filename depending on my selection in the auctex-context-menu:
running the master-file or the buffer/region with the next latex-run.

> > Why can I not use the placeholder %t?
>
> "%t" is used in strings which are parsed by `TeX-command-expand' and
> the related machinery.  It has no meaning outside of such context.

%t gives the correct output, it is either master.tex or _region_.tex,
depending on my selection in the context menu.

Is it perhaps possible to make use of the boolean variable:
`TeX-current-process-region-p', defined in tex-buf.el?
(defvar TeX-current-process-region-p nil
  "This variable is set to t iff the last TeX command is on a
region.")
Regards, Stefan