Re: [AUCTeX] manipulating sections with auc-tex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] manipulating sections with auc-tex
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:46:30 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-08-17) writes:

> I am not sure what this is supposed to do.  "section" in this context
> currently means everything from the previous to the next sectioning
> command, right?

That's the current behavior of `LaTeX-mark-section'.  What Matthieu
was proposing is that "section" means everything from the previous to
the next sectioning command with the same or a higher level.

> So what is the proposal supposed to do when I have
> something like
>
> chapter
> section
> subsection
> _cursor_
> subsection
> section

In both cases the marked region would be the one between the two
lines shown below.

chapter
section
-----------------
subsection
_cursor_
-----------------
subsection
section

The behavior would differ if you put point between the section and
the subsection:

Current behavior       Proposed behavior

chapter                chapter
section                section
_cursor_               _cursor_
-----------------      subsection