[AUCTeX] questions on AucTex installation on Windows please.

From: D Wang, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Subject: [AUCTeX] questions on AucTex installation on Windows please.
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:46:06 +0100

Dear Kresten,

Thanks for the manual of AucTex.

I have used Emacs and MikTex on Windows for a long time. Now I want the
function of viewing the print output of a small Tex region without
compiling the whole document.

Is this function available in Emacs itself without AucTex? There is a menu
in Emacs "Tex --> Tex Region", but I can't make it work.

If the "Tex Region" function only available to AucTex, I want to have it. I
met difficulties in installing AucTex:

1. Is the "MSYS tool set" in your manual the "MSYS-1.0.10.exe" from
<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435>, or the
"msysDTK-1.0.1.exe"? I downloaded and ran the "MSYS-1.0.10.exe".

2. The GNU EMacs and MikTex are already in my machine. I can't carry out
the step 5 (page 8) in your manual and need more details there. To have
"bash", there is no .exe from <http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/>, only source
code. And itself has a "configure" in its directory. Could you help me to
be able to takeoff in step 5?

Thanks for your time and look forward to your solution.

Best regards,

Gary

========================
Diyu Wang (Gary)
Wireless and Networks Research Laboratories
(Level 1, University Gate side. Not 2.19)
Centre for Communications Research
University of Bristol
Merchant Venturers Building
Woodland Road