[AUCTeX] Re: Actions in multifile documents.

From: Franz Haeuslschmid
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Actions in multifile documents.
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:50:25 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Franz Haeuslschmid <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> is it -- or will it be -- possible to perform a certain set of
>> actions for all files of a multifile document?  For instance, I
>> would like to find all occurrences of a string in my document.  I
>> know that package `edit-utils' supports searching in many buffers in
>> its buffer and window management section. Thus to use that facility,
>> I would have to open all files belonging to a document (which yields
>> another possible application of doing things for all files in a
>> multifile document).
>
> reftex-search-document is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in
> `reftex-global'.
> [Arg list not available until function definition is loaded.]
>
> Regexp search through all files of the current TeX document.

There is even a menu entry for global actions.  However, how
should I check the spelling of a multifile document?

>> Another feature I would like to see, is to have a function that lets
>> one directly jump to the file referred to by an `\include' macro
>> after having placed the cursor into the macro's argument.  So far, I
>> am not aware that any of these features are part of the multifile
>> handling in AUCTeX.
>
> ffap is an alias for `find-file-at-point' in `ffap.el'.
> (ffap &optional FILENAME)
>
> Find FILENAME, guessing a default from text around point.
> If `ffap-url-regexp' is not nil, the FILENAME may also be an URL.
> With a prefix, this command behaves exactly like `ffap-file-finder'.
> If `ffap-require-prefix' is set, the prefix meaning is reversed.
> See also the variables `ffap-dired-wildcards', `ffap-newfile-prompt',
> and the functions `ffap-file-at-point' and `ffap-url-at-point'.
>
> See <ftp://ftp.mathcs.emory.edu/pub/mic/emacs/> for latest version.
>
> [back]

This works well in the master file of my document.  Other TeX
files include files using a path that is relative to the master
file.  Consequently, `ffap' can only suggest the directory of the
currently opened file in order to give a starting point.

Anyway, thank you very much for pointing out these possibilities.

Franz.