Re: [AUCTeX] Re: auctex.el.in missing in snapshots

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Re: auctex.el.in missing in snapshots
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:33:04 +0200

* Uwe Siart (2005-05-13) writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Actually, I was of the impression that MikTeX contained some kpse*
>> compatibility tools of dubious quality and partly incompatible
>> options.
>
> There is a kpsewhich.exe but I don't understand how it can be used to
> find the texmf roots:
>
> ,----[ Output of kpsewhich -help ]
> | This program tries to locate a TeXMF related file.

> | -alias=APP                Pretend to be APP.
> | -help                     Print this help screen and exit.
> | -file-type=FILETYPE       Use the search path for FILETYPE.
> | -must-exist               Make sure the file exists; run the package
> |                           installer if necessary.
> | -show-path=FILETYPE       Show the search path for FILETYPE.
> | -start                    Start associated program if file was found.
> | -version                  Print the version number and exit.
> `----

Oh no, not again.  We dealt with MikTeX's `kpsewhich' about a year
ago in order to get `TeX-macro-global' working (back then it was a
script in aclocal.m4).  At that time Christian helped quite a lot by
producing extensive output from `kpsewhich' which can be found on
Gmane.  (The options not mentioned in the -help output we had to
extract from the sources.)

These messages are interesting:
<URL:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auc-tex/2777>
<URL:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.auc-tex/2766>
As well as other messages in this thread, especially from May 15
onwards.