Re: [AUCTeX] Yap and goto-hyper-label

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] Yap and goto-hyper-label
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:46:19 +0200

Franz Haeuslschmid <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Yap provides its users the possibility to open a document and
> jump directly to a label that is set by the hyperref
> package. From Yap's user's guide, describing the command line
> switches:
>
> ,----
> | --goto-hyper-label=label
> |
> |     Jumps to a HyperTeX label which has been inserted by the
> |     hyperref package.
> `----
>
> Is AUCTeX able to extract that label?

No.  RefTeX might be able to give that documentation, but there is
currently no code in AUCTeX to make use of it.  For DVI, Source
Specials will mostly fill that gap, but for PDF it definitely would be
an advantage.  It might also be nice if one could make the previewer
follow the action in a C-c = buffer from RefTeX.

Maybe we should put this on the TODO list.  Short of somebody wanting
to work actively on this, it might take quite a long time before
something like this appears.