Re: [AUCTeX] fill-paragraph and fold mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX] fill-paragraph and fold mode
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 17:34:17 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Levon Saldamli (2005-05-11) writes:
>
>> I think that's correct. The problem is in lstlisting in my
>> case. And yes, correct indentation seems to solve the problem.
>>
>> But I think one problem is if one wants to put e.g. lstlisting in a
>> figure. Then it's natural to indent the \begin{}-\end{}
>> pair. Although the contents will probably have extra indentation,
>> so it is still a problem. But the wrong fontifying is annoying in
>> this case.
>
> Don't you use <TAB> for indenting?  This will automatically indent
> the \begin and \end of the lstlisting environment to the left
> margin.  So I'd say with AUCTeX it is more natural to have the
> \begin/\end pair not indented.
>
> What I am more worried about are LaTeX files from other people who
> don't use such an indentation.  That's probably a good reason for
> changing the behavior.

The problem is where the indentation is needed for detecting the
proper end of the environment (like with macrocode).

Of course, having AUCTeX color the rest of the document wrong is not
really a helpful indicator.  Maybe we should instead color just the
indentation itself in warning face?

That could bring across the message that we know what we are doing,
without causing too much pain to the user that also knows what he is
doing.