[AUCTeX] Re: Report for failiur installation of AUCTeX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: Report for failiur installation of AUCTeX
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 07:47:54 +0200

"Xiao Ma" <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
>    I just install AUCTeX in my laptop. Following is the configuration of
> hardware and software:
>
> IBM Thinkpad T42
> OS: Windows XP (SP2)
> Emacs: 21.3.1 (for windows)
> Cygwin: 2.78.2.3
> AUCTeX: 11.55
>
>    I have installed it. However, there are two mode in my Emacs, say
> LaTeX-mode (AUCTeX) and latex-mode (original Emacs's tex-mode).

In Emacs' tex-mode.el, LaTeX-mode is an alias for latex-mode.

Whether those modes are AUCTeX, you can find out with

C-h f LaTeX-mode RET

If not (it is announced in the doc string), you have not activated the
package according to instructions, usually done with

(require 'tex-site)

in your .emacs file.

If you do that, both LaTeX-mode and latex-mode should be replaced by
AUCTeX's TeX modes.