[AUCTeX] Re: TeX-source-special problem

From: Philippe Monroux
Subject: [AUCTeX] Re: TeX-source-special problem
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:43:31 +0400

Hello,

Thus spoke David Kastrup <address@hidden> :

> Philippe Monroux <address@hidden> writes:
> > In 1rst my system :
> > Debian SARGE
> > Auctex 11.55-1
> > Emacs21 21.4a-1
> > The problem :
> > when  source  specials is  enable  and  no  xdvi is  running,  the
> > following command in the mini buffer (after View command:):
> > xdvi -sourceposition "100 file.tex" -editor "/usr/bin/gnuclient -q +%l
> > %f" -paper a4 file.dvi
> > doesn't launch  xdvi (it  appear and disappear  immediately).  But
> > when I  run the same  command from an  xterm (always with  no xdvi
> > running),  it   works  very  nice   (xdvi  is  started   with  all
> > TeX-source-specials feature).  Where does the problem come from ?

> Please use M-x TeX-submit-bug-report  RET for submitting bug reports
> so that we get the relevant version info.

Ok for next time

> In  this case,  it sounds  like  you have  your own  old version  of
> TeX-command-list around.  The viewer  entry _has_ to be ("View" "%V"
> TeX-run-discard t t :help "Run Viewer")

That's it. I had :

("View" "%V" TeX-run-silent t nil) in my ~/.emacs

> Note  that anything but  TeX-run-discard will  _not_ work  here.  If
> this  is  not   the  problem,  then  maybe  you   have  an  outdated
> installation of AUCTeX conflicting  with your current one.  Try> M-x
> list-load-path-shadows  RET  and  see  whether  this  is  the  case.
> Unfortunately, Debian's scheme will always cause listings here,

Woha :  104 Emacs Lisp  load-path shadowings were  found !  I  have to
figure out why I have so many entries here and to arrange this harmful
situation.

> but hopefully one can see whether more than the "normal" junk is the
> problem.

Yes it is. It works fine with your clue.

A lot of thanks

--
Philippe