can compile and install but not user latest master

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: can compile and install but not user latest master
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 15:26:56 +0100

Hi

That is most likely connected to the problem people suffer when using
the latest ELPA package.

Here is what I did

    - I pulled (commit ba27accea2f9 is then actual)

    - I run make clean

    - I run make

    - before running make install, I deleted my old installation which
      is according to configuration in:
~/ALLES/emacs/site-lisp/packages/auctex-git

    - I run make install

    - I restart emacs and open a LaTeX file

I then receive an error that I attach.

So it seems that one must now be careful what to load when. Once that is
settled, maybe some instructions in the NEWS or/and manual would be
helpful.

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous despicable pogroms/atrocities on Israel
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against Ukraine.