Re: patch for refcount.sty

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: patch for refcount.sty
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 17:33:28 +0100

>>> "AE" == Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Arash,

> Hi  Uwe,
> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> attached you find a patch that adds support for refcount.sty. I tested
>> in this morning.

> Thanks for your contribution.  I slightly touched your refcount.el,
> result is attached.  Please give it a try and see if it still works as
> expected, and I will install it later.

I tested it a bit more, one question
right now, we have

    '("getrefbykeydefault"
      TeX-arg-ref
      (TeX-arg-completing-read ("page" "title" "name" "anchor" "url"))
      "Default")

Which work nicely.
However I tried to use it via the usual «reftex-engine»

And added to my init file

(add-to-list 'reftex-ref-style-alist
               '("Refcount" "refcount" (("\\getrefbykeydefault" ?G)))
               t)

But then only \getrefbykeydefault{label} gets inserted and not
\getrefbykeydefault{label}{url}{text}

as with the macro. However only the macro give the correct result so I
need then manually to add {url}{text}
if I use the «reftex-engine»

So is there anyway that the «reftex-engine»
could call the macro?
Or, would that require a considerable rewrite of the relevant reftex
function?

Uwe

--
I strongly condemn Hamas heinous atrocities on Israel, especially the
despicable pogroms.