[AUCTeX-devel] PUA characters in Emacs/AUCTeX

From: Janusz S. Bień
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] PUA characters in Emacs/AUCTeX
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 19:44:06 +0200

Hi!

I've just subscribed to this list to ask you for an opinion about my
feature request:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/gnu.emacs.bug/SK-RO_OG_GQ/BmUzA-23AgAJ

Unfortunately at these addresses you can find only old posts, without the
recent live exchange of mails with Eli Zaretskii. I quote below the most
important fragments of them.

[...]

On Mon, May 27 2019 at 19:39 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> On Mon, May 27 2019 at 20:11 +03, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

[...]

>> Asking Emacs to maintain compatibility to various ad-hoc registries
>> outside of Unicode is not really reasonable.
>
> Yes, but it is not what I propose. I just would like the user to be able to
> use his own definition of PUA provided in the form of an additional
> UnicodeData.txt (not necessarily as a part of Unicode, it can be perhaps
> a different coding system).

Actually Eli Zaretskii made also some interesting comments about how Unicode
support is implemented, I can forward them too if you are interested.

If you think this is outside you scope of interest, just let me know.

Thank you for your work on AUCTeX.

Best regards

Janusz

--