Re: [AUCTeX-devel] question regarding installation under Windows

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] question regarding installation under Windows
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 21:04:30 +0200

Hi David and Michael,

Il giorno lun 3 set 2018 alle ore 10:37 David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha
scritto:

> michael malone <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I am not a programmer but I require the use of Emacs/auctex in Windows
> > so I can work in latex using voice recognition.
> >
> > Because I’m not a programmer the issues or questions I may have may be
> > very basic so apologies.
> >
> > I am following the detailed instructions for installing auctex found
> > here
> > https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Installation-under-MS-Windows.html
>
> We probably should overhaul our installation instructions.

Actually this is already explained in the installation instructions:
https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.html#Installation
Other installation procedures are left there for reference (maybe it's
a bad idea?), but there is almost never a good reason to use anything
else besides ELPA to install AUCTeX.

Bye,
Mosè