Re: [AUCTeX-devel] AUCTeX without Desktop Environment

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] AUCTeX without Desktop Environment
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2017 07:58:31 +0100

Hello Easior,

    > Thank you, Colin.

    CB> This is probably not what you want to hear but I'm tempted to
    CB> suggest you dump evince, which, in my opinion, is
    CB> bloated. Auctex and xpdf work happily without a graphical user
    CB> interface. I use them in xmonad.

    > Maybe, it is a good idea to use xpdf in Qtile. Can you share an
    > AUCTeX configuration about xpdf to me? It's better if AUCTeX can
    > automatically tell itself in GNOME DE or not.

I have attached my auctex settings, and also a small org-mode setting
for use in exporting to pdf (which you may not want, of course).

You probably don't need this, but I have the following in my ~/.mailcap

application/pdf; xpdf %s
application/postscript; gv %s
application/x-dvi; xdvi %s

Best wishes.

Colin Baxter
address@hidden
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8