Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Small patch for subfiles.el

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Small patch for subfiles.el
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:20:29 +0100

Hi Keita,

Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:

>> I think this can be fixed by adding
>
>>     (dolist (name TeX-style-path)
>>                (TeX-load-style-file (expand-file-name style name)))
>
>> to second condition as well.
>
> Is that really necessary?  On my environment, just replacing
> `file-name-base' with `file-name-sans-extension' in subfiles.el seems
> enough.  After that replacement, a subfile which has
> \documentclass[../../main.tex]{subfiles}
> loads ../../auto/main.el, without modifying `TeX-load-style'.

many thanks for double-checking.  Indeed, you're right, the last part of
my analysis was wrong.  With `file-name-sans-extension', everything
works just fine.  I think I did something else wrong in my test case so
that I came up with that wrong observation.

> I suppose that the problem of the Uwe's comment
>> I still don't understand why auctex scans
>> \documentclass[../main.tex]{subfiles}
>>
>> But not.
>> \documentclass[../../main.tex]{subfiles}
> will also be resolved by replacing `file-name-base' with
> `file-name-sans-extension' in subfiles.el.  That is, both "../main.tex"
> case and "../../main.tex" case work correctly.  (On the other hand, I
> have no idea why the former worked without that replacement.)

Same at my end.  But I had enough subfiles today, maybe tomorrow :-)

Best, Arash