Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fix for tex-jp.el

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fix for tex-jp.el
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 02:24:00 +0900

Hi Uwe,

>> Do you have any progress about this issue?

> Oops I forgot, I will do this today. One question your patch is in
> auctex, git master? Or shall I apply it to the recent master?

Sorry, It's unclear to me what is the difference between those "git
master" and "recent master".  But anyway, I think my patch can be
applied after the commit
c0f3659059a138aaf5fa610f2913035d63225bfb
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>
Fix TeX-view-predicate-list-builtin predicates wrt class opts
.

> I just checked the latest auctex master which includes the following

> commit 9876030e88a67c36b567df20d5c3235d36ab3b45
> Author: Ikumi Keita <address@hidden>
> Date:   Sat Feb 4 17:39:30 2017 +0900

>     Fix minor problems
>     * tex.el (TeX-view-predicate-list-builtin): Enclose whole alternatives
>     in regexp with shy group in order that the effect of "\`" and "\'"
>     covers all the alternatives.
>     * latex.el (LaTeX-auto-cleanup): Regard "Class", in addition to
>     "class", as an indicator of LaTeX2e document.

> So now it gets interesting. Auctex also provides a facility to compile
> xemacs-pkg which are *not* compatible with the official ones.

>     -  Now I can compile the auctex xemacs pkg for 21.4 mule and non
>        mule! I did not try out 21.5 because even the xemacs team
>        recommends not to use 21.5 for generating a xemacs pkg

Do you mean that the current master works with 21.4 with and without
mule?  If so, it's nice to hear that.  However, I'm afraid that it's not
the point I'd like to know.  Could you tell whether the patches attached
with
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex-devel/2017-02/msg00008.html
work on your xemacs environment?  In addition, is it better to add
(featurp 'xemacs) test to those patches?
In other words, I'd like to know whether I can commit the patches as is
or they still need further revise for coordination with xemacs.  In
order to determine that, I'd like to hear from experienced xemacs users
like you.

>     -  however when I try to compile the official xemacs pkg which all
>        the tree, it only works for xemacs21.4 Mule, it fails for 21.4
>        nomule.

I'm sorry that I don't understand what this report means.  (What is the
"official xemacs pkg which all the tree"?  Is that different from
"auctex xemacs pkg"?)  I don't know xemacs package system at all, so
please forgive me if I'm saying something nonsense.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita