Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Polish quotes - a simple patch

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Polish quotes - a simple patch
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 12:12:14 +0100

> That's true, but if I use verbatim and/or code excerpts, I usually yank
> them rather than type.  Also, it is still possible to enter a literal "
> character, either by hitting " twice of by using C-q, so nothing is
> lost.

It may be worth mentioning that in verbatim mode (or in math mode or
in comments) typing " always insert a literal ", this is the first
test performed in `TeX-insert-quote'.

> Of course, other users might disagree.  But what Mosè wrote seems to
> suggest that deleting this "t" may be actually a good idea.  At least
> users of other languages are either happy about it or indifferent.

Speaking for myself, I'm very happy with `TeX-quote-after-quote' set
to nil and I was a bit annoyed by this minor bug:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=auctex.git;a=commitdiff;h=573cbdf404a52a37e5ff77635b8481d39116c707

I'll use `TeX-quote-after-quote' also in the above mentioned language
style files later, can't do that right now.  This leaves the choice to
the users (with a possibly sensible default value), instead of
hard-coding a specific behavior (that can be overridden anyway).

Bye,
Mosè