Re: [AUCTeX-devel] double struck capitals

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] double struck capitals
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 21:00:22 +0000

>>> "Tassilo" == Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
   >> According to http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/double-struck.html for
   >> example N has unicode representation 02115
   >>
   >> Which in my private list is translated to
   >> ("\\setN" . ?\u2115)
   >>
   >> And works
   >>
   >> However T has 1D54B
   >>
   >> So I tried
   >> ("\\setT" . ?\uD54B)
   >>
   >> but that leads to rubbish in the presentation. What do I miss?

   > You are a mathematician, aren't you?

What makes you think that? mat is a randomly selected string of
characters selected by my hm university.

   >  So you probably know that 02115 is
   > the same number as 2115.  But is 1D54B really the same as D54B?

Haha, [1]

I thought (from some previous discussion) that the length of that string
is restricted in Emacs to four digits and one has to delete *always* the
first.

So I tried
              ("\\setT" . ?\u1D54B)

And guess what

,----
| Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax "?")
|   read(#<buffer my-change-prettify-list.el>)
|   elisp--preceding-sexp()
|   elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
|   eval-last-sexp(nil)
|   funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
|   call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
|   command-execute(eval-last-sexp)
`----

So what now?

Footnotes:
[1]   reminds me: give the students the first member of a sequence and
      let them «guess» the pattern