Re: [AUCTeX-devel] fancyhdr.el + fancynum.el

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] fancyhdr.el + fancynum.el
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:52:43 +0100

Mads Jensen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mads,

> I also sent a patch with some lengths a couple of weeks ago but it has
> not yet been added. Was there something wrong with it?

Well, not wrong.  I just wasn't (and am still not) sure if it's a good
idea to add a bunch of rather obsure lengths and macros just for the
sake of completeness.

I mean, the AUCTeX completion is mainly intended to help authors getting
their writing done, and so it's debatable IMHO if it's a good thing if
the completion also offers tons of entries that 99.9% of all LaTeX users
will never need to use.

I've googled some of the concrete lengths that were in your patch.
There are many good LaTeX resources available, but most just mention the
16 default ones and omit the dozen more you wanted to add, even though
they are in fact defined in latex.ltx.

Bye,
Tassilo