[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Can AUCTeX be a pseudo-WYSIWYG device?

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Can AUCTeX be a pseudo-WYSIWYG device?
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:59:42 +0200

Ryszard Kubiak wrote:
Hi everybody!

I wonder if you would find it plausible to extend AUCTeX
towards a pseudo-WYSIWYG device. I mean by that that
I imagine a single keystroke invoking a sequence
of the following steps:
1. Saving a document.
2. Processing it as many times as necessary (cross-references)
and possible (errors).
3. Calling a viewer if not done before.
4. Hiding Emacs in order to activate the viewer's window.

This should probably have been posted in the auctex.help group. Either way, if you use Miktex you can use texify for it. Look in the Miktex documentation. Other distribution probably have similar devices.
-Rasmus