Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: tex-ref.tex

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: tex-ref.tex
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 03:42:53 +0200

> I am attaching a modified version of tex-ref.tex.  In this version, I
> have implemented reference information for RefTeX.  I have created two
> proposals for this reference, one taking up one column, the other one
> taking about half a column.  The compact one is more consistent with
> the very concise style of the AUCTeX reference on page one.  The
> longer one adds a bit more information which is not strictly necessary
> but may help people who do not like to read manuals on their way.
>
> I suggest that whoever finalizes this document picks whatever version
> fits into the available space.  Please then remove the " (long)" or
> " (compact)" in the column title.
>
> One more thing: I am using a footnote on a couple of key descriptions,
> all referring to the same note [1].  I tried to put a footnote symbol
> at the end of the key description, with $^1$, but that did not work,
> apparently due to the way the \key macro is defined.

Nope.

> I don't know enough about TeX to work around this, but maybe someone
> would like to fix this?

That was easy enough.  Just had to use \sp instead of ^ since ^ had
its catcode changed to "special character".

I am checking this in.  If somebody wants to take up the preview-latex
bindings and disable one of the RefTeX parts with
\iffalse ... \fi
feel free to do so.  I'll probably be fixing some more preview-latex
issues in the code first, and see if I can improve on some
installation issues.