[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/preview/aclocal.m4

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/preview/aclocal.m4
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:40:36 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-04-27) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> +$1=[`sed -n '1s/^\([-0-9]\+\).*/\1/p' ChangeLog`]
>> +$2=[`sed -n '2,/^[0-9]/s/.*Version \(.*\) released\..*/\1/p' ChangeLog`]
>
> Serves me right.  I had a complicated sed script before that would
> figure out the version in a single run from the ChangeLog.  And that
> worked.  Then I decided to split this into version and date to make it
> much simpler.  Cough, cough.

Looking at the extent of changes involved these things are rather
minor.  What I found more significant was the missing closing parens
of the macro. (c:

> As if the preconference stress would not be bad enough, my washing
> machine has just decided to show we what a hot washing is supposed to
> be like and has steamed half of the kitchen in that process.  Just
> what I needed.  Fortunately, it was mostly white laundry, but I
> suppose a few trophy T-shirts might have become pretty bleak.

I hope the washing machine here in the house does not act up the same
way, because I am doing the laundry currently as well.

> Thanks.  I guess I'll have to go through the Makefile next, and then
> try to get things consistent again.

Currently executing make results in

In toplevel form:
tex.el:38:1:Error: Wrong type argument: listp, 65

In toplevel form:
tex-buf.el:32:1:Error: Wrong type argument: listp, 65

etc. etc.

I suspect it is because @lispautodir@ can still be found in
tex-site.el.  I don't know why it is not substituted; heck, I couldn't
even figure out how the other placeholders like @lisppackagedatadir@
are substituted.

--
Ralf