[AUCTeX-devel] Anybody out there?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Anybody out there?
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:20:56 +0200

Well, there has been a definite lack of feedback about those recent
changes...  Almost looks like you want to force me to actually try
them out myself.

Anyway, it has come across me that there is still one deficiency: the
kpathsea delimiter business.  It does not do to hardware this if the
code is intended to end up as an XEmacs package.

Also it might be that even on Windows, Cygwin and native TeX ports
might differ in their choice, so if we want to be TeX distribution
agnostic, we can't decide this in advance.

Any volunteer for fixing that?  Maybe an option --without-kpathsea-sep
?

If you don't speak up soon, I might be tempted to splice the
installation procedure right from preview-latex into AUCTeX _before_
testing it.  I am currently in constructor (some might object to the
"con" here) rather than fixing mood...