Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Uh, Jan-Åke?

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Uh, Jan-Åke?
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 15:10:17 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
> It also does nothing useful.  As a minimum AC_SUBST(emacsprefix) would
> be necessary for @emacsprefix@ to carry any meaning, not to mention
> the AC_SHELL_QUOTIFY junk.

The workings of the build system I do know. In the version I checked in,
${emacsprefix} is carried over verbatim into the Makefile, and
AC_SUBST'ed. Check

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/auctex/auctex/preview/aclocal.m4?rev=1.45

If you had other ideas, fine. I am not blaming you for this. But when
you change code, don't blame me for it afterwards.

All I did was to say: I'll have a look at the build system and simplify
it if I can. Spare the condescending remarks for someone else.

/JÅ