aspell-user

[Aspell-user] french typographic apostrophe

From: damien.thiriet77
Subject: [Aspell-user] french typographic apostrophe
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 20:17:30 +0100

Hello,

I would like how can I make aspell French spelling understand, that french
typographic apostrophe ’ is not part of words but a word separator. When
spell-checking French words, I have a lot of warnings that make me loose much
time, for example l’Europe d’ici and so on are highlighted as errors.
I could not understand which aspell option might be used to introduce ’ as not
being part of a word. As far as i understood, aspell reads lEurope, that is
indeed a mistake. Note that this typographic apostrophe should be used in
French, not the English one, and that it is never used for quoting anything.
Thank you for any help,

Damien Thiriet

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net