aspell-user

[Aspell-user] Problem installing aspell 0.50.2

From: Svend Sorensen
Subject: [Aspell-user] Problem installing aspell 0.50.2
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 02:52:50 -0800

I am trying to install aspell to my user account under Gentoo Linux 1.4.  I
have run
# ./configure --prefix=/home/myname
# make
# make install

'make install' gives the following errors:
>>libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/local/lib'
>>libtool: install: warning: relinking `libaspell.la'
>>mv: cannot stat `libaspell.so.15.0.1': No such file or directory
>>libtool: install: error: relink `libaspell.la' with the above command before
>>installing it
>>libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/local/lib'
>>libtool: install: warning: relinking `libpspell.la'
>>mv: cannot stat `libpspell.so.15.0.1': No such file or directory
>>libtool: install: error: relink `libpspell.la' with the above command before
>>installing it
>>libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/local/lib'
>>libtool: install: warning: `../lib/libaspell.la' has not been installed in
>>`/usr/local/lib'

and the installed aspell gives the following error when I try and run it:
>>./aspell: error while loading shared libraries: libaspell.so.15: cannot open
>>shared object file: No such file or directory

Aspell has installed the following files:
./bin: aspell  aspell-import  pspell-config  run-with-aspell  word-list-compress
./include: aspell.h  pspell
./include/pspell: pspell.h
./lib: libaspell-common-0.50.2.so  libaspell-common.la  libaspell-common.so
./share: aspell  doc
./share/aspell: (not listing all files under this dir)
./share/doc: aspell (not listing all files under this dir)

It seems to not be installing the libraries correctly.  Does anyone know what
the solution is?

Sven Sorensen