aspell-user

[Aspell-user] Problems with aspell, xemacs and LaTeX files

From: Michael Plagge
Subject: [Aspell-user] Problems with aspell, xemacs and LaTeX files
Date: 03 Oct 2002 16:49:52 +0200

Hi all,

i installed the new aspell version 0.50.2 and tried to spellcheck a
LaTex file in XEmacs. aspell did not find an error and at the end I got
a message "spell check done", but in fact the file was not checked. (Im
quite sure about that, because i checked a german file with an american
dictionary :-)). The curious thing is, that if i only mark a part of the
file and issue the command ispell-region from xemacs everthing works
fine i.e. aspell finds an error at the first german word in the text.

Im using ispell.el version 3.5 and set the xemacs ispell-program-name
variable to the newly installed version of aspell.

Any ideas why I am not able to check a whole tex file from xemacs.

btw I am running RedHat 7.3 which comes with aspell 0.33.7 and a
wrapper script for the ispell command. With this old version of aspell i
do not have the above mentioned problems even when i call aspell
directly from xemacs (not using the ispell wrapper).

by
michael

--
Michael Plagge
Dept. of Computer Architecture, WSI, Univ. Tuebingen

--
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an
international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week