aspell-user

[aspell-help] compile failure for aspell latest tarball

From: Mark C. Pawson
Subject: [aspell-help] compile failure for aspell latest tarball
Date: Thu Dec 6 11:52:04 2001

Dear All,

I have been having trouble installing aspell.  I will document what I have done
so far here and hope it helps the developers.

My system is an AMD Althon 800MHz, with 128MB of RAM.
I use Red Hat 7.0
GCC 2.95.3
GNU make 3.79
and binutils 2.11.2 (the latest version)

I downloaded pspell-.12.2.tar.gz and aspell-.33.7.1.tar.gz.  I successfully
installed pspell using ./configure --prefix=/usr and then make.  I then ran
./configure --prefix=/usr for aspell, which worked fine.  I then ran make for
aspell and it failed.  I have attached a copy of the configure output and make
output which shows the system config and the make error in the hope this is
useful.  I also tried ./configure --disable-shared --prefix=/usr, and also
./configure --with-gnu-ld --prefix=/usr but these both reported the same errors.

I am not subscribed to the list, if anyone has any suggestions I would really
appreciate any help and would like to be cc'd on any replies.

Many thanks in advance

Mark Pawson.