aspell-user

Re: in [mozilla] ?

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: in [mozilla] ?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:46:30 -0500

JAmes Atwill wrote:

> Has anyone thought about incorporating ASpell
> into Mozilla to have spell-checkable TEXTAREA
> widgets?

I, the author of Aspell, have but I have not pursued it very much.
There are two main problems.

1) My code is not portably enough for the mozilla project as it used
modern C++
2) My interface changes two much between releases

There is nothing I can do about 1.  However I think I finally have a
stable interface which I am testing now.  If you are interested I can
send you a copy of what I have.

If anyone want to do it I am all for it.  It just can't be an integral
part of mozilla due to 1.

--
Kevin Atkinson
address@hidden