aspell-user

Re: Aspell under Win32 ?

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: Aspell under Win32 ?
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 21:21:13 -0500

Philip White wrote:

> Has anyone managed to build aspell using Microsoft VC++ ?
> I resolved the STL problems by downloading STL3.2, but the compiler (VC++6)
> still throws hundreds of errors.
> All the makefiles / scripts are for Unix.
> Have I missed something ?

No, I don't think Microsoft VC++ is up to the task.  Try the win32 port
of gcc at http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/.

You will probably also run into some additional problems so there is a
good change that the code will need to be modifed in minor ways.  I have
no personal interest in a win32 port however I will corporate with
anyone who wants to give it a shot.

You might have some trouble with the popt library as that is not my code
and I don't know how unix specific it is.  Most of my code also uses a
lot of modern features of C++ and thus it requires a modern compiler.

--
Kevin Atkinson
address@hidden