aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] Honoring ‘ASPELL_CONF’ in libaspell

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Honoring ‘ASPELL_CONF’ in libaspell
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:26:53 +0200

Hi Kevin,

see it at <https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25836#14>.

Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> skribis:

> It would be better to change the compiled in defaults.  I believe
> the --enable-dict-dir configure option should change the default for dict-dir.

The problem is that dict-dir is typically
“$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/aspell”, so we can’t choose it at configure
time (unless Aspell expands “$HOME”?).

Even if we did, we’d like to offer users the ability to choose
dictionaries located in a different place.

How would you achieve that?

Thanks for your reply,
Ludo’.