aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] Wikipedia

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Wikipedia
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:44:39 -0800

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 08:12 am, Gary Setter wrote:
> Has anyone here checked out the Wikipedia artical on aspell? How
> come there is a link for Kevin, but no artical?

No, haven't seen it yet, but now that you point it out....Article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Aspell

Appears short and to the point.

Wikipedia entries are most likely written by volunteers so whomever entered
the information knew enough to enter what you see there on the page but
perhaps didn't know other details which may be worth pointing out (that is
if from your point of view there appears to be something missing).
If you are aware of such web dictionaries, sometimes you may be able to put
something more detailed yourself. For example, this is not Aspell, but
hopefully you get the idea:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Programming/Disassemblers/PIC/

...therefore, using the same idea, it may be worth adding a new category here
for spelling and then adding aspell as the first entry    ???   ;-)
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/

There appears to be an "edit" link on Wikipedia, so if you think there is
something missing, I'm guessing you could edit it further, but you might
want to throw your ideas "here" before actually committing to an edit there.
This way anything worth adding hopefully gets tossed in all in one shot.

If Wikipedia works the way some other dictionaries work, someone on the other
side may probably check your edit for validity/offensiveness/correctness or
other details before committing your edit to the actual Wikipedia...  In
this case, it may be 1 day to a few weeks before your entry actually shows
up.

Hope that helps.