aspell-devel

Re: [aspell-devel] Problems with aspell-en license

From: Glenn Maynard
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Problems with aspell-en license
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:49:04 -0400

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 03:23:45PM -0400, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> I am merely quoting the closest thing to a copyright notice for all of the
> wordlist as generally required by copyright law.  RMS basically said the
> word list meets FSF definition of Free (which should in term meet Debian
> guidelines).

Meeting the FSF's definition of "free" does not always imply meeting
Debian's definition of "free", although they usually coincide.

> That should be all that you need to know.

Even if it was true, it still wouldn't necessarily be sufficient to
*convince* him (and d-legal) that it's correct.

> If you want I
> can add a note that all word lists used are FSF Free to the copyright
> notice.

If a license clarification is needed, I don't believe this will help.

--
Glenn Maynard