arx-users

[Arx-users] Re: How does ArX secure my code.

From: Walter Landry
Subject: [Arx-users] Re: How does ArX secure my code.
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:13:52 -0700 (PDT)

"Venkat S. Dendukuri" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi.  Quite by accident, I found this message in the discard pile.

> I am network engineer in a software development company. My task is to find
> the Best Version control software with High Security, i find ArX and i don't
> know how best it secures the code in Local system when a version has been
> taken by programmer (i require no user should backed up the version of code
> he has taken or copy the content to local system or to removable media).

I have a small amount of experience with this kind of setup, and ArX
will not be any better or worse than any other system out there.  The
only way that you are going to prevent people from copying the code to
a local system or to removable media is by locking down the hardware
and operating system (e.g. by making the operating system not
mount writable external media).  The version control system is
completely orthogonal to this.

If you just want to make sure that the code has not been modified,
then ArX has better cryptographic hashes (SHA-256) than any other
system to ensure data integrity.  ArX layers PGP on top of that to
detect malicious tampering.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
address@hidden