arx-users

[Arx-users] ArX-1.0.18

From: Walter Landry
Subject: [Arx-users] ArX-1.0.18
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:15:34 -0500 (EST)

Greetings,

After far too long of a wait, I have made a new release of ArX.  This
version depends on gnome-vfs-2.0, so the build is a little more
involved.  You can find the source in the usual place

  http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/ArX-1.0.18.tar.gz

If you do not have gnome-vfs-2.0 (including header files) already
installed, I have made a separate bundle available.

  http://superbeast.ucsd.edu/~landry/ArX/gnome-vfs_bundle.tar.gz

I have attached the release notes below.

Enjoy,
Walter

ArX-1.0.18 2004-Feb-29

This is an experimental release.  This release depends on gnome-vfs2,
so the old, simple way of installing no longer works.  See INSTALL for
details.

"get" has been rewritten in C++, and is more intelligent about
constructing revisions, resulting in outstanding speed increases in
some cases.

A bug in make-archive such that it didn't create the name of the
archive correctly has been fixed.

The generic --debug option has been removed.  Use --verbose instead.

Many commands have been collapsed into single commands.  "categories",
"branches", "versions", "category-readme", "branch-readme", and
"version-readme" have been replaced by "browse".
"archive-cache-revision", "archive-cached-revisions", and
"archive-uncache-revision" have been replaced with "archive-cache".
"pristines", "delete-pristines", and "add-pristines" have been
replaced with "tree-cache".  "library-add" and "library-remove" have
been rolled into "library-revisions".  "library-archives",
"library-categories", "library-branches" and "library-versions" have
been replaced with "library-browse".  Finally, "cat-archive-log"'s
functionality has been folded into "revisions".

"revisions", "library-revisions", "my-revision-library", and
"get-patch" have all been reimplemented in C++.

The internal structure of libraries has been changed.  They no longer
contain patch-logs and index files.  "library-log", "library-find" and
"library-file" have also been removed.

The undocumented function "make-library-browser" has been removed.