ambar-dev

[Ambar-dev] address@hidden: latin1 support in Clio]

From: Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
Subject: [Ambar-dev] address@hidden: latin1 support in Clio]
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:46:33 +0100

----- Forwarded message from Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz <address@hidden> -----

Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 05:39:54 +0100
From: Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz <address@hidden>
Subject: latin1 support in Clio
To: address@hidden

Hello!

I am developing a MUD/MUSH game called Minë (Middle-earth Interactive
Network Environment) which can be found at http://eutherpe.org. (in
spanish). When I found Clio I thought I could just begin to recommend
it's use to our gametesters BUT.. alas! it lacks latin1 fonts support.

I can't write nor recieve special characters like ñ, áéöè found in
spanish, french or german. I've tested your last Clio version in windows
and linux and I get the same error.

Do you know anything about this? Is it my fault?
try inserting ALT+148, for instance, in a windows versión (it's ô). you
simply can't!

Best regards,
PS: i only use GNU/linux systems but the vast majority of mud users
don't so I hope you can fix this problem in both clio versions ;-)
Thankyou in advance!
--
Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz - Aranarth
eutherpe.org