ambar-dev

From: Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:01:33 +0100

Éste es el mensaje de la autora de Papaya.
Resumen: aún no uséis papaya para windows, usad PUTTY o uno de vuestra elección.

Aranarth

----- Forwarded message from Catherine Allen <address@hidden> -----

Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:16:29 +0000 (GMT)
From: Catherine Allen <address@hidden>
To: Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz <address@hidden>
cc: <address@hidden>

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz wrote:

> How is v0.9.3 going? Some Minë (http://eutherpe.org spanish) players
> can't interact with Papaya 0.9.2 for windows when connectig to Minë
> testing server (80.59.169.162) si I've been forced to 'dis'recommend the use
> of Papaya for windows (as it appeared on the website lately).

I spent quite a while looking at why Windows was filtering out high ascii
characters that were sent to the display widget and haven't come up with a
solution.  The procedure for sending characters to the widget is the same
on both Linux and Windows, and the problem only manifests on Windows.

When I have some time (which is in short supply at the moment) I'll be
porting the Windows version of Papaya to use GTK 2.0 (it uses 1.2 at the
moment) which uses a much improved text display widget.  I'm hoping that
the move to GTK2.0 will solve both the high ascii problem and some other
minor display problems that show only on Windows.

> The GNU/Linux versión of Papaya doesn't seem to have this problems as
> Catherine Allen pointed out a couple of weeks ago.

Yep, current CVS works perfectly on Linux.  It _should_ work on Windows
too, but due to some undocumented differences in behaviour on the two
platforms it doesn't.

I will email the list when I have a fix for the problem and will probably
release 0.94 shortly afterwards.

Cath
--
address@hidden