advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Help with embedding ogg files in a web page

From: Praveen A
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Help with embedding ogg files in a web page
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:25:57 -0800

2007/12/19, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <address@hidden>:
> On 12/19/07, Praveen A <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Can anyone help here?
>
> There's two ways to embed Ogg Audio AKA Vorbis in a web page:
> * the <audio> tag of HTML 5, but it works only in the Firefox and Opera
> browsers

I tried it, but it is not working as of now.

> * the Cortado player, which works everywhere and it's easy to
> configure, but computers need to have the Java engine installed (if
> the computer uses OpenOffice.org then it has Java support)

I don't know if we could rely on java presence but lets see.

> Alternative ways are to tell them to use Winamp in Windows, or install
> the codecs for Windows Media Player/Quicktime.

Ogg plays in Windows Media Player but embedding on a web page is not working.

> > If we want to see people using ogg we need to make sure it works everywhere.
>
> This is true, but Mr. Praveen, there's one thing you need to
> understand, Ogg is not backed by a big corporation.  Ogg is supported
> by the common people like you, and if the common people don't do their
> contribution to make sure Ogg works everywhere, then Ogg dies.  The
> most important contribution is to publish and share Ogg files on the
> Internet and in real life.

I agree completely. That is why I am trying to help them and asking
here for help.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards
Praveen