adonthell-general

Re: [Adonthell-general] Correction : 'Tis a shame, really.

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Correction : 'Tis a shame, really.
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 23:05:37 +0200

Am Dienstag, 22.07.03 um 22:38 Uhr schrieb Leif Thande:

Line 3577 of wastesegde.pot , you can read 'Tis a shame, really. I don't know
if it was intentional but wouldn't it sound better This is a shame ?

Well, it was meant to sound somewhat old-fashioned. Not all of WE's characters speak correct English, and although part of that is simply ignorance of the writer (me, that is), other things are intentional. Especially to distinguish high-borns (read Elves) from lesser beings. But of course, even between members of the same race, you have some differences. Just compare Oliver (a child) to Alek (a mercenary).

Kai